Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Evaluation Date


Well I have an appointment scheduled for November 26th, the day before my B-day, so hopefully this will bring good news. I will be seeing Dr. Chafin, a very well-known, high risk OBGYN. He is going to determine just how risky it would be for me to try and carry a baby myself. Since I just researched and found out that my poor egg quality could be due to lack of oxygen that worries me. Although all my O2 sats are always really high, in the 90's, it still worries me. What if I can't provide enough oxygen to the baby. I am so scared. Never in my life have I worried so much about my health. I wish I could talk to some women who have been thru pregnancy with Cystic Fibrosis. My poor husband, he is sad, but has to push his emotions aside to be my shoulder to cry on, and he is so wonderful. He is the best man I have ever known. We have decided that if all this doesn't go well, we will go to India and use donor eggs. We are also in the process right now of becoming foster parents. With my pediatric background and all our empty bedrooms, surely we can do some good for some babies in need, and they can fill our house with laughter, even if only for a while. I loved working in the hospital, I loved each and every baby I cared for, it filled my heart with such joy. I miss all my babies.

No comments:

I Would Die For That