Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Yesterday

Not a good day for me. I struggled thru the weekend and in the hospital lobby on the way to my doc I collapsed and had to be taken to the ER. Yesterday was a long day and I don't think I have ever been so close to death. I feel better today but still feel very bad. They put my picc line in, a special one I can keep for a year. I sure hope I won't need it that long but I am not ready for a port. It was a compromise. I will not be released until my sats are stable and I'm not requiring oxygen. I will try to keep everyone updated.

7 comments:

Christy said...

Wow sorry to read that. I'm praying for you. I hope your sats come up and you are out of there soon. :)

Natalia Ritchie said...

Rebecca, I hope this gets better soon!! I know how you feel about the PORT, but once I got it, I just loved it. I have had it for 5years now, and I forget it's there. It's teeny. And no pain, so stabbing looking for veins, PICC line pain, it's amazing. I was told for years to get one, and I did not want to. I understnad why you don't. Be strong!!
I am thinking about you.

Our Two Blessings From Above said...

I am so sorry to hear that! You are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope you feel better real soon!

Anonymous said...

I actually just had my second port taken out and I'm awaiting a thrid. Geesh! :)
I can understand you don't want a port, probably don't want to have surgery, but I'd rather than a port poke than a picc any day!
You're story is near to my heart. I have CF, my sister doesn't, but she is a surrogate. I passed your blog along to her.
I am praying for you and your recovery. And when I say I'm praying, I mean it!
Get well wishes,
Kelli
from OHIO

Anonymous said...

I have a friend whos son has CF. Not to sound uneducated but whats the PICC line for?

Cara said...

I'm praying for you too, Rebecca! I'm on the same page as you...not port for me. It's just so...permanent! I'm not ready for that! I pray that we will BOTH know when the time is right!

Phoenix said...

Poor Becca. i hope you are home soon. You just have way too much to have to go through.

Much love from Australia

I Would Die For That