Thursday, December 4, 2008

IUI This Month!

I started my clomid and plan to have an IUI around the 14th or so. It would be a wonderful Christmas present. I hope I have good results, but don't we all, hope doesn't make it be. My doc put me on 50mg, that is a high dose for me, I had 3 eggs from 25mg when I tried this before. He wants me to have a good chance, since we may be doing IVF in February. Wish us luck, we are excited....alittle. It is hard to be too excited or to think it will really work, when you have been disappointed so many times. This will be the fourth medicated IUI and we tried 2 without meds. With Cystic Fibrosis, your cervical mucous is hostile so the sperm can't get to the eggs. My mom keeps telling me that it takes around six months for a normal fertile couple to conceive, so to try at least six times. Who knows, maybe this will be the time...it can happen. Wish me luck and say a prayer for us.

3 comments:

Niels and Alexander said...

exciting! We hope all goes well, so thumbs up! :)

Christy said...

Good luck!! I hope everything goes well AND fast!! :)

Natalia Ritchie said...

Hi there! I am a CF patient and just found your blog!! My husband and I are expecting a baby through surrogacy!!
My fingers are crossed for you guys!!

I Would Die For That